We’re recruiting for a spectacular new chef who has passion for baking and delicious day time savoury food. Think merguez & harissa sausage rolls, pesto & tomato & onion quiches, fresh summer salads and lots more!
We have a fantastic team based in central Windsor who are looking for a new chef to lead the savoury team. Great options to be innovative and have your say in an ever changing menu with a company growing every day.
Excellent working hours: Daytime only, 40 hours per week, 5 days a week including Saturday and Sunday work
Other benefits: including working meals, further training and great growth potential within the company
Hello, we’re Heidi – www.heidibakery.co.uk
Heidi is an expanding bakery and coffee-shop brand with 6 stores around Berkshire, Surrey and Hampshire.
We’re looking for an experienced bakery CDP to join our kitchen team based in our central-Windsor store.
You’ll be working with our fantastic team to produce a wide range of bakery products in a quick service restaurant,
- French-style viennoiserie (croissants, pain au chocolate, brioche etc)
- Other baked savouries such as croque-monsieur
- Patisserie cakes and tarts
- To work under our new Head Chef in a leadership role within our bakery kitchen
- To be able to work under pressure: our stores can become quite busy
- To undertake leadership and administrative responsibility to ensure strong health & safety / foodhygiene standards within the kitchen
- To retain excellent technical baking standards and train others
- To maintain the kitchen to a high visual standard especially considering it is within customers’ sight-lines
- The work with the front of house team to ensure a high visual standard on our main counter
- To promote the values of the Heidi Lovebaking brand – we’re looking for someone that is bought into what we’re trying to achieve and will talk to and engage with our customers
- To assist with menu development: to bring new commercial ideas to the table – we encourage innovation!
- To assist with the security / financial integrity of the kitchen and for preparation processes
- Pastry experience and passion is essential. We’re looking for people that have direct experience in creating French-style patisserie and pastry from scratch.
- NVQ level 2 in food preparation and cookery or equivalent qualification.
- Previous experience of cooking and food preparation in a high volume, multi-outlet environment.
- Experience in product development and proven passion for creating visual and quality food.
- Basic IT skills including MS Office.
- Flexible attitude to working hours.
- An understanding of the values and behaviour expected of this role
- Desire to embrace and implement change amongst colleagues
- Ability to convert policies into operational actions
- Cheerful disposition
Job Type: Full-time