Heidi are looking for new bakery and pastry team members in Windsor, UK
Heidi is a young group of six bakery coffee shops in the Western Home Counties. Our branches are busy outlets that sell a range of bakery products, all made from scratch by our team.
We’re looking to fill the following positions in our kitchen team, working under our new Head Chef Vincenzo Maio:
- Patisserie / pastry chef (entremets, gateaux, tarts, cakes etc)
- Tourier / viennoiserie chef (croissant, brioche, pastry etc)
- Savoury chef (pizza, quiche, bread etc)
- Salary depending £11 – £14 per hour depending on experience
- 20% department store discount
- Food and drink when on shift
- 3% employer pension contribution
- Limited evening work
- 2+ years working in a bakery, restaurant or other food service pastry environment
- Desire and drive to help us move into a new kitchen facility
- Customer-facing skills – we want our customers to know our chefs
- Training or experience in bakery products with a traditional French foundation
- Good production knowledge for the relevant bakery items we produce according to the position
- An interest in menu development according to events, seasons and marketing promotions
- Food Hygiene Level 2 certificate and experience in working in a food safe environment
Brexit / UK VISA
We recognise that our new new chefs may come from the European Union and that Brexit has created some difficulties around this.
We are approaching this as a medium / long term role and are committed to ensuring we are able to offer the role to the right candidate.
Therefore we will happily sponsor the correct candidate through the UK’s new immigration and visa requirements.
Heidi is a quick-service bakery with six restaurants and ambitious expansion plans for more.
Our bakeries have open kitchens and rely on unpretentious but high-quality French-style patisserie to get people of all demographics through the door for breakfast, lunch-time and tea.
We’re high footfall sites that rely on a solid product base with good margins to provide our customers a good meal at good value.
We produce the vast majority of our food from two central kitchens based in central-Windsor (SL4 1DP).
- 45 hours a week in our central kitchen (SL4 1DP)
- Reporting to our head Chef Vincenzo Maio (Alain Ducasse, Disney Cruises)
- Hourly rate between £11 – £14 depending on experience
- Flexible working schedule according to the demands of the kitchen
- Based in Daniel department store, Windsor, but with move to new central kitchen shortly
Pastries / viennoiserie (Tourier role): croissant range, brioche range, doughnuts etc
Savouries (Savoury chef role): Pizza, quiche, filled croissant, filled pizza, croque monsieur, sandwiches, baguettes
Sweet (Patisserie role): Tarts, sponge cakes, standard French patisserie range, more complex French entremets
Other: Salads, french baguettes
And a lot of tea and coffee